In July 2018, TREAT TB launched a webinar series to strengthen capacity to conduct high quality MDR-TB trials. Please see below for the first webinar in the series.
Webinar 1: Challenges with MDR-TB clinical trial implementation – Site and sponsor perspectives.
The first webinar brought together eight experts to discuss the challenges faced when implementing MDR-TB clinical trials. The presentations provided an overview of ongoing and future trials and covered various aspects of MDR-TB clinical trial implementation, such as patient recruitment, enrolment and retention, challenges encountered by sponsors and regulatory requirements such as import and export permits.
Watch the webinar here
1. MDR-TB Clinical Trials Landscape: Current & Future Trials, Dr. C. Robert Horsburgh Jr., Boston University
2. Sponsor Challenges: From Concept to Full Site Approval, Dr. Daniel Everitt, TB Alliance
3. Approvals received – Now what? Challenges in Trial Implementation, Gay Bronson, Vital Strategies, Jan Komrska, Vital Strategies, Karen Sanders, Medical Research Council
4. Challenges with MDR-TB Clinical Trials Implementation – Site Perspectives, Dr. Francesca Conradie, University of Witwatersrand
5. Challenges with MDR-TB Clinical Trial Implementation – Site perspectives, Dr. Elena Tudor, Institute of Phthisiopneumology
6. Regulatory requirements – Import and Export Permits, Dr. Bazra Tsogt, National Centre for Communicable Diseases, Mongolia
Download (Presentation 1)Download (Presentation 2)Download (Presentation 3)Download (Presentation 4)Download (Presentation 5)Download (Presentation 6)